(As published in the Barnesville newspaper, The Herald Gazette)
Date of Publication: Tuesday, March 4, 2014
*For a larger view, click “Reid Knows the Way to Sesame Street,” or click on the picture. When a new window opens, click the picture again to enlarge it.
I have been blessed with a magnificent opportunity! The Sesame Workshop recently called for aspiring puppeteers to submit videos of their talents for the chance to hone their skills under the guidance of Martin P. Robinson and Matt Vogel, a couple of the best professionals in the business. The requirements were:
Make a short video (3 minutes MAX) showcasing your talents as a puppeteer following these guidelines:
· Introduce the video as yourself.
· Enter and exit frame with your puppet (it’s helpful if the puppet you use has good eye focus).
· Show a variety of character voices (3-4 minimum). Please note: we want to see your original character voices, not your imitation of existing Sesame Street character voices.
· Finish your video with a short song…we would like to hear you sing!
Not long after submitting my video, I received a response stating that I had been offered a slot in their workshop! I’m very excited and eager to apply what I learn to my skillset! The workshop will take place during the first week of February and focus on:
· Precise lip syncing
· Bold characters
· The ability to perform with a standard monitor
I’ll be sure to give an account of my experience here on my blog later!
Stay tuned for more updates!
-Brittany L. Reid